Select Articles and Book Chapters
Pritchard, E. "Tapestry: Generations and Geographies of Black Fashion Genius," Black Fashion Fair, Volume 0: SEEN ( February 2022) 10-17.
Pritchard, E. “Taking Care of Our Blessings: Looking Forward in Black Queer Writing Studies” Palimpsest: A Journal on Women, Gender, and the Black International, Special Forum on “30 Years of Black Queer Studies” Ed. Terrance Dean. Vol. 9, Issue 2 (2020): 5-9.Pritchard, E. “Overalls: On Identity and Aspiration From Patrick Kelly’s Fashion to Hip Hop.” The Funambulist 15 (Special Issue on ‘Clothing and Politics 2’), January-February 2018: 32-37
- Pritchard, E. “Black Girls Queer (Re)Dress: Fashion as Literacy Performance in Dee Rees’s Pariah.” Sartorial Politics, Intersectionality, and Queer Worldmaking (Special Issue of QED: A Journal in GLBTQ Worldmaking). Ed. Eric Darnell Pritchard.QED: A Journal of GLBTQ Worldmaking. Volume 4, Issue 3 (Fall 2017): 127-155.
- Pritchard, E. “Grace Jones, Afro Punk, and Other Fierce Provocations: An Introduction to ‘Sartorial Politics, Intersectionality, and Queer Worldmaking.” Sartorial Politics, Intersectionality, and Queer Worldmaking (Special Issue of QED: A Journal in GLBTQ Worldmaking). Ed. Eric Darnell Pritchard.QED: A Journal of GLBTQ Worldmaking. Volume 4, Issue 3 (Fall 2017): 1-11.
- Pritchard, E. “Black Supernovas: Black Gay Fashion Designers as Critical Intellectual Resource for Contemporary Black Fashion Studies.” Special section on “Black Fashion Studies.” International Journal of Fashion Studies 4.1 (April 2017): 107-110.
- Pritchard, E. “Sagging Pants: Criminalization and Racialized Adornment.” The Funambulist: Politics of Space and Bodies(Special Issue on ‘Clothing and Politics’), Issue 3, January-February 2016: 20-25.
- Pritchard, E. “Fashioning Empire.” Virtual Roundtable on ‘Empire.’ Public Books. Ed. Sharon Marcus for publicbooks.org. September 2015.
- Pritchard, E. “Who Gets to Make a Social Fashion Statement?” Ebony.com. 21 September 2015.
- Pritchard, E. “‘Like signposts on the road’: The Function of Literacy in Constructing Black Queer Ancestors” Literacy in Composition Studies2.1 (2014): 29-53.
- Pritchard, E. “For Colored Kids Who Committed Suicide, Our Outrage Isn’t Enough: Queer Youth of Color, Bullying, and the Discursive Limits of Identity and Safety” Harvard Educational Review83.2 (Summer 2013): 320-345.
- Pritchard, E. “Yearning to Be What We Might Have Been: Queering Black Male Feminism” Palimpsest: A Journal on Women, Gender, and the Black International 1.2 (Fall/Winter 2012): 179-200.
Pritchard, E. “Sex, Sexuality, and Signifying: Patrick Kelly’s Queer Enterprise” Patrick Kelly: Runway of Love. Ed. Laura Camerlengo (Forthcoming, Fine Arts Museums of San Francisco/Yale University Press, November 2021).
Pritchard, E. “Race WERK: Williwear and Patrick Kelly Paris.” Black Designers in American Fashion. Ed. Elizabeth Way. Bloomsbury Publishing, 2021: 239-259.Pritchard, E. “Queer Kinship and Worldmaking in Black Queer Web Series: Drama Queenz and No Shade” Are You Entertained?: Black Popular Culture in the 21 st Century, Eds. Simone Drake and Dwan Henderson. Durham: Duke University Press, 2020: 118-133.
- Pritchard, E. “As Proud of our Gayness, as We Are of Our Blackness”: Race-ing Sexual Rhetorics in the National Coalition of Black Lesbians and Gays” Sexual Rhetorics: Methods, Identities, Publics. Eds. J. Rhodes and J. Alexander. Routledge (Studies in Rhetoric and Communication Series), 2015: 159-171.
Contact Dr. Pritchard